Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm a Foodie, and It Shows!

In my opinion, everyone has an addiction of some sort. Whether it's gambling, drinking, collecting things, working out, working...

Hi, my name is Katerina and I'm addicted to good food.

I'm a Foodie, and it shows. It shows on my waistline, my arms, my thighs...you get the picture. It's not that I like to gorge on food, it's just that I truly enjoy food and all the different flavors that this world has to offer. Maybe someone out there knows what I'm talking about. When you get the right combination of flavors - it's like your taste buds are having a party.

Over the years, my way of trying to manage the results from being a Foodie was to diet. Atkins diet, Jenny Craig, Slim Fast, Herbalife - you name it and I've probably tried it. This year, I have decided that this needs to stop. Now. I need to learn to enjoy the flavors of this world, without slowly killing myself with the unhealthy results. I've already developed high blood pressure, sleep apnea, high cholesterol, and I'm at risk for Diabetes. All of this, and I'm only 28 years old. Also, last year, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl and realized that I now have a "copycat" that will follow my every example.

This is why I have decided to apply for the Get Fit Challenge, Season 4 at work. I was selected as a contestant, and have been in the program for eight weeks now. With the help of a Registered Dietitian (Michele Gilles), I know I will learn how to enjoy great food in moderation and to choose food that will benefit my body. Taking the time to log food is hard, but resisting temptation of that delicious but empty food is still the toughest part of this whole journey.

I do want to report that the delicious Russian "Drunken Cherry" cake was calling my name last night, and I looked it straight in the eye and said - "not tonight, I had enough calories for the day."

No comments:

Post a Comment