Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm Back (and ready to POP)!

Ok, so it's been an extremely long time since I posted anything on my blog.   I know, I know - what a terrible writer that makes me!  I'm hoping that I will be able to write a bit more, now that I'm on maternity leave.

Well, to catch you up - I am now pregnant with our second child.  In fact, I'm officially at week 37 of my pregnancy.   Our baby boy is considered full-term now, so technically he can make his appearance any day now.   However, I think I would prefer if he would wait at least another week or maybe two.   I'm not exactly ready for him just yet...and I would like him to be a nice healthy size.   Although, doctors have been telling me all along that he is measuring two weeks bigger.

I would like to finish the list below before going into labor:

1) Pack the hospital bag for me, baby and hubby
2) Finish thoroughly cleaning the house (wash all bathrooms, floors, clean out office).
3) Do one more family nature outing (for a whole day)
4) Cook at least two weeks worth of freezer meals (Already made two batches of stuffed cheese crepes - thanks to my wonderful hubby!)

I think that's it...at least for the big items.

I pray that God blesses this delivery and that I'm given the chance to have a natural birth.   I know that everything is in God's hands, but I do hope that He would bless me with a safe and natural delivery.   My first delivery was an unplanned C-Section, and it made things very hard for me and I did not succeed with breastfeeding for more than three months.   I hope and pray that this time our baby boy will nurse well and I would produce plenty of milk.   If you remember me when you pray, please mention this in your prayers.

One other item has been worrying me lately - my spiritual health has been on the back-burner lately.  I've been neglecting my time alone with God, reading scripture and regular prayer.   I can feel that I'm so weak spiritually, and I thirst for a closeness to God - but for some reason I just can't seem to find the time in my day to set aside and just be alone with God.    I always find other things to occupy me.

God, please bring me closer to you by your Grace.   Please be merciful to me and don't let it take a painful lesson to have me come running to you (as is usually the case with me and I'm sure many others).

Well, that's it for now.   I do hope that I can get this putting my life on paper a more regular occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment